Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Emergency

Let's just say that my week didn't start out too well. But looking on the bright side, at least I have something to write about!

On Monday morning (or I should say night), I had to go to the emergency room because my stomach was in excruciating pain. I swear I thought I was going to die. Since I've never been to an emergency room (even a hospital) before, I expected the doctors to rush to me and make me feel better straight away. Isn't that what 'emergency' means? But no, I was made to wait at least an hour (which seems like a year when you're in a lot of pain) before the nurse gave me some painkillers. Then I kept getting told that the number of people in front of me that needed help was increasing, even after I answered the nurse's question of rating my pain from 1 to 10 with 11. She laughed as if I was joking! I honestly never experienced a worse pain.

Although I felt like I was dying, I kept cracking jokes for some strange reason and making witty remarks about everything. My parents thought that if I was being funny, I can't be in much pain. It was actually the opposite. I don't know why I was like that. Speaking of my parents, my Mum almost had a nervous breakdown which wasn't helping. When she found out that we had to wait at least a couple of hours before seeing a doctor, she started snapping at me for us to go home, which I refused because I couldn't even move.

The painkillers made me feel better so we ended up going home because I'd be able to see a GP sooner than the doctor there. It was good that I could actually go to uni that day.

No comments: