Saturday, April 23, 2005

David's and My Day Out

I spent almost 6 hours talking to David today.

We didn't watch movies or do anything specific to entertain us. We just talked. He's not exactly RG but I liked talking with him. He has the exact same music taste as me. We were singing along to the radio in his car.

He definitely doesn't feel like a stranger anymore. What impressed me was how much he knew. He's well read and very active (hopefully he didn't get put off by my unsporty self). Wasn't too impressed though that he used to smoke and likes to speed. The latter definitely put me off. But I guess it can't hurt to have him as a friend.

There was one embarrassing moment though.

D: do you have a boyfriend?
me (trying to lighten the atmosphere for myself): no, do you have a boyfriend?
D(smiling): boy friend or boyfriend?
me: same as you asked me
D: no
me: do you have a girlfriend?
D: I had one.
me: so you don't anymore?
D: we broke up 2 months ago
[He then went on about how it's harder for guys to get over girls than the other way around so I shared my general wisdom on relationships without relating anything to myself, for which he was definitely waiting for.]
D: So you never had a boyfriend?
me (in my head): oh no, ****, ****. This question isn't supposed to come so soon. No no no!
me: nothing seri... important, really
D: why not?
me: I'm too picky
[I then went on about there being no point in going out with someone I didn't like]
me: and I went to an all girls' school
D: that's no excuse!
me: ok, I'm just very picky

Fortunately that was a good enough reason for him.

He asked me if I wanted to go bowling, skating, clubbing with him and his friends. Of course I said yes yes yes. (Although I remembered that I can't go bowling 'cause I promised to go to some concert with Ellen next Friday). April could benefit from everyone going out together.

And he apparently took salsa lessons and got to the Intermediate level so he said he'll take me to a Spanish club which would be just so totally cool since my friends are not interested. He said the company where he took the lessons, asked him to join them. He must be good.

So maybe he's not really my type but he sure would be fun to hang out with.

After we hung around in the city for a short while, he asked if I wanted to go somewhere else. At first, I thought, is this guy safe to go with and decided he was. He took me to his favourite place. It was a park near the ocean and was really beautiful. We walked around on the uneven rocks and watched fishermen and families enjoying the beautiful weather. We spent most of our time there. We talked about things that you would usually talk with close friends but he was very open so it was easy to discuss things like relationships, friends, families and just life.

He gave a me a lift back to the station which was nice, although when I offered for him to drop me off at a more convenient place for him, he said he was dropping me off at the next traffic light. So he could definitely make me smile. Maybe he could make me laugh later. I made him laugh a few times which was very satisfying. One of them was when I did my impression of the only Stars Wars moment I knew "I am your father". I didn't even expect it to come out as it did.
When he said he'll call me, I got worried 'cause that line is like a death sentence. But we'll see. Maybe for once, something can work out for me.

No comments: