Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Wonderful People Who Stay A Little Longer

I was so happy to find out that Veronica (the girl I mentioned yesterday) was staying till next week. She's so different to my friends, which I really love. She's really outgoing but not too loud. And she has a brother who's 21. Ok, I won't get carried away.

She's also really positive which is cool. Like when I said "I hope you actually like your new job", she replied, "I usually find ways to like jobs and adapt to them, even if I'm having a bad time". I should start this way of thinking.

She reminded me of the type of person who would have parents who would be friends with mine. Maybe it's because she's from the same part of Europe as me. I really don't know why I feel closer to people who were born in the same (or close to my) country, especially since I grew up here. I wonder if it's just psychological.

My manager asked me to stay back today to help him finish some stuff. I did (since I couldn't yesterday because of my dance class). When it turned 7 o'clock, I told him that I had to go. I could tell that he didn't want to stay himself but he had no choice. He didn't act annoyed with me though which I was worried about. He always tells me that I'm doing good work. I wonder if it's just encouragement for me to try harder or if he's really pleased with it. I guess I'll see when my contract is up and I ask if I can stay.

I saw the 23 year old guy again today and he SO did not look 23. He looked around 30 if not more. I think it was his longish hair and (I don't know how else to say it) colourless face.

I'm so going to miss Veronica when she leaves 'cause it's nice to have someone to take a break with and talk to during work.

I got thinking today that it's kinda weird that before (at uni) all I'd want is to meet a nice guy but now I'm grateful to have anyone to be friends with.

No comments: