Monday, April 25, 2005

Mum's Views Change

Mum: how come Claudia was so late yesterday?
me: her boyfriend slept over and she didn't want to wake him up in the morning even though he was supposed to give her a lift.
Mum: Claudia has a boyfriend?!
me: yeah, for over 6 months now
Mum: really?! So it's just you and April left without boyfriends.
me: and Amelia
Mum: it's your and April's turn to get boyfriends now.
me: yeah
Mum: is Claudia's boyfriend Asian?
me: no
Mum: it's funny how Claudia and Christine both have white boyfriends. Maybe you and April will have dark ones.
me: what do you mean by dark?
Mum: Asian
me: what about dark from other countries?
Mum: like?
me: what country do you want?
Mum: Actually your boyfriend should be dark
[because my ethnic background has predominatly dark people, even though we have caucasian shaped features, but you would never think I had that background because I'm fair]
me: and what if he was Asian?
Mum: oh, I don't care anymore. As long as you're happy.

I was so surprised by her saying that 'cause I know she wants me to marry someone from the same background as me. She really changed. Probably because she thnks I'm a lost cause and she'd be happy if I had anyone.

No comments: