Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Risk Worth Taking

Lately I've been thinking about what I really dream of doing every day. That's making movies/TV shows. Before I never gave it serious thought 'cause going for a career in film/TV production is so risky and I'm not a risk-taking person. But now that I have a degree and getting work experience, I really started to wonder if this is a risk worth taking. Especially now that I'm still young and don't have many responsibilities.

A while ago, during my unemployment, I registered as a volunteer for film productions at a film school. There's going to be an information day soon and I really can't take any more time off work (not that I've taken a lot of time off but I did have to leave early and take a day off for graduation). And even if I do leave early for that, when am I going to find the time to do the actual volunteering? Maybe they'll end my contract soon and I'd be able to do it.

I was even thinking of taking a course in directing but they are so expensive. I guess I'm willing to pay if I decide I might get something out of it. The good thing about volunteering on productions is that it's free and beneficial to everyone. Plus, it increases my chances of getting into that excellent film school that has a 95% employment rate. But getting in is nearly impossible.

But I will find a way of getting my dream job. Not sure how just yet but it's something I can actually influence (unlike the hopeless boyfriend situation).

No comments: