Friday, April 21, 2006

Engaged

The main elderly character in the play that we saw last week, said that she felt like she lived her life as a passenger in a train. Just watching everything go by without taking any part in it.

David said he used to feel like that. That was hard to believe considering he lived a pretty full life. I knew how he felt though. There were many times when I didn't feel like I was participating in life. Like I was at a distance from everything else - close but not actually there.

The last few weeks, for the first time in a very long time, I felt like I was intertwined with every aspect of life.

Every time I drive home after work, I just feel really full. I love watching the bridge curve under me, with light giving everything a mystical glow, creating different moods. Either the warm sun reflecting on the landscape or the cool breeze making the air crisp. The beauty around me just overwhelms me. It's absorbed into every fibre of my soul.

It's the busyness that's causing me to be so in tune with the world and everything in it.

For the first time, I'm completely engaged. With life.

No comments: