Sunday, April 02, 2006

With the Seasons

Yesterday I felt summer ending. Sure it had officially ended in February but the weather was still hot in March.

I'm sure we'll have some warm days in April, but mostly it's getting cool now.

David and I went to the beach last night and for the first time in months we had to bring jackets. He said, "It's almost like when we started going out". We're making a full circle with the seasons. It makes me feel a little pensive.

The cold temperature always made me want to have someone to be close to. It's how during cold months people crave hearty foods and warmth. It was so comforting to have David next to me.

We didn't bring up the conversation we had on Friday, even though I would've liked to. I didn't want to push it though. So we just talked about general stuff - the student that he tutors, his soccer games, families, friends, my work, the cold weather, the calming ocean water, cars etc. Just the every day topics.

We were one of the few people walking. The others probably decided to stay inside where it was warm. Even though he comes from a southern country, he loves the cold, just like I do.

I used to always prefer Australian winter but now I enjoy all seasons. The warmth of summer, the gloominess of autumn, the chill of winter and the regrowth of spring.

It's almost a year since we've met. Time flies. Wonder how my life will be this time next year... Here is how I imagine it:

1. David and I will be together, still completely in love.
2. Really don't know how I'll be job wise - either on yet another contract or maybe even studying Teaching and working part-time.
3. Hopefully, David and I will be 'planning'.
4. Fingers crossed, April will have a boyfriend.
5. My brother will be in a relationship.
6. I'll still be blogging.

No comments: