Monday, April 17, 2006

The Mysteries of the Male Mind

On Saturday night, when we went to see the play, I decided to dress nicely. I wore my grey denim skirt with brown threading, my brown suede boots and a nice brown wrap-around top with a lacy border over a light purple patterned thin top. Plus some nice silver and black accessories. Fortunately I was also having a good hair day so my hair looked soft and fluffy. When I looked in the mirror, I thought I looked totally cool and would definitely impress David.

All night he didn't make one comment. No "Oh, you look nice!" or "You're pretty today!" Nothing.

Pathetically, I fished for a compliment by telling him he looked great (which he did). Surely he was going to reciprocate. Nope. I even asked him directly if he liked my boots. All he said was, "Yeah, they're nice". I gave up. If he wasn't going to see how cool we looked, it was his problem.

Then, on Sunday night, when I came to his house to go to Rita's, I was dressed in my usual jeans, a green singlet and a plain sporty brown zipped up jacket (the one people usually go for a run in). No funky accessories and my hair tied in a ponytail.

As soon as he saw me he exclaimed, "Hey, you look great!"

Unbelievable.

No comments: