Sunday, April 16, 2006

My Cool Parents

I realised that my parents are pretty cool. For parents.

I read and hear stories of other people's parents and it makes me happy about mine.

First of all, my parents never compared me with my brother, or anyone else for that matter. They never said, "You know this girl is getting higher marks, why aren't you?" They always focused on our talents and interests. For example, my Mum encouraged me to take Art lessons because she thought I need to 'nurture' my abilities. She even bought me an easel for no particular occasion. With my brother, my parents encouraged his sport.

Now, even though they're interested in our lives, they never bother me about coming home late. They let David stay over. I mean my Dad even asks me why he doesn't sometimes!

Even with my Mum's wishes for me to have a particular guy, she's accepted David completely because he makes me happy.

My Dad, who rarely let me have friends over, invites David to stay for dinner himself.

Of course I can list all the things that they bug me about but that would ruin the point of this post, and that is: my parents are great.

No comments: