Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Sweet Life

My Mum and Andy brought back SO much chocolate from POB! We could probably start a little store.

I love it though. POBian chocolate is very different to Australian one. It's darker and has more of the cocoa taste, rather than milk and sugar. It's heavenly.

I gave some to David to try. I didn't think he'd like it since he prefers milk chocolate but he loved it! He said it wasn't really dark chocolate. It was just enough. I love it when he likes POBian things. It makes me feel closer to him.

We went to dinner with my relatives yesterday to celebrate my Mum's birthday. I was a little annoyed at them, especially my Uncle (sitting next to us), who could speak perfect English, yet he talked only in POBian, totally leaving David out of the conversation. I thought that was quite rude of him.

Afterwards, we went for a walk down the beach. The waves were so high, they kept splashing onto the elevated sidewalk. One wave almost hit me.

After our walk, we went to my house and caught up on Prison Break. I love watching it with David. Although I don't think he likes me asking him questions about the show that he has no way of knowing (e.g. "Why is he doing that?!")

At about midnight, he all of a sudden wanted to go for a walk. That was unexpected but fun. Good thing I live in a quiet suburb so it's no problem going for a walk down the street at that time. As we were walking, he looked up at the sky and it was so clear, stars were everywhere. He kept looking at them in wonder, saying what a beautiful night it was. His face was full of joy, like a kid's. It really stirred me seeing him appreciate nature. How many people stop to enjoy a night sky?

Then as we were crossing the road to the other side, he tried to dance with me. I was getting nervous some car would drive by but he was like, "Haven't you ever danced in the street?" It was weird because it was dark and completely empty. Like there was no one else in the world but us. It's moments like these that would probably stay in my mind forever.

When we got home, we sat for a while in my backyard. He showed me the Southern cross and we both tried to find Orion. We talked about Einstein's theory, the Big Bang and just the universe. He said it would be great if there was a genius who could come up with a solution to humanitarian causes, like poverty.

I just love talking with him. Sometimes he seems just like your average guy but deep down he knows a lot. History, Geography, Science. I always enjoy having conversations with him about those things. Even though it was really nice to talk to him about intellectual things, I know he's always great for some gossip too.

The longer we're together, the more I fall for him. It's unbelievable how much I feel for him. I'm just so grateful that after so much pain of being single for so long and always dreaming of the guy that I would have, he's finally here. He's real. He exists. And he's with me.

I want it to be like that forever.

No comments: