Monday, April 03, 2006

Another Job

I got this job.

I have to go there tomorrow to sign the contract. There's this bit in it where it says that I have to terminate all my other contracts before starting. That's weird since I told them I still want to work at my current place.

On the phone, she was really pushing me to tell her when my current job will be finishing. I told her in May, but I think it's going to be in June.

This is such a difficult situation. I hope they won't change their mind tomorrow if I tell them that I won't end my current contract now.

I guess I'll tell them that I'm confident that I can work at both places. I think I can, anyway.

In the contract, they actually decided to pay me more than I asked them. That was a nice surprise, since I didn't think they'd even afford my offer. (I made it a little higher than I first planned because I didn't really like the place.)

The thing I'm most excited about is getting a double salary for the next couple of months. If you can't enjoy the job, might as well concentrate on how you can enjoy the money. I'm going to pay off my uni debts.

I'm a little worried about how I can handle two jobs. I'm just counting on this new job not being as much work as they say it will.

David called from work and he sounded worried that I'm not going to have time for anything other than work. I told him I will always have time for him.

What I won't have time for is doing nothing. And reading. That's the first thing I always compensate on. Sad but true. And it's the only thing I get excited about when I do get free time.

Even though I'm not that excited about this new job, I'm very excited that it will give me more of a financial basis to plan my future on.

I get so excited just thinking about planning my life with David.

April always said that she always looked forward to planning her wedding. Unlike her, I'm more excited about picking furniture together and coming home to the same place. Going on holidays together and having friends over. Waking up next to each other. Call me a romantic but I like the simple things.

David: I love this about you. You don't need jewellery or expensive gifts to be happy. You are happy just being with me.

No comments: