Saturday, April 29, 2006

Workaholic

I haven't written in all of three days! That hasn't happened for a while.

The reason for my lack of daily updates was: my eyes were too tired to even look at a computer screen. Was quite stressed with my second job where they gave me daily deadlines to finish work. So every night after I came home, I had to do more work. I usually collapsed in bed straight afterwards.

Last couple of weeks I worked over 60 hours a week. (That would make it 8 days a week.) David started calling me his "workaholic girlfriend".

I still managed to go to David's house on Wednesday night and also catch up with my Mum and Andy in the last two days since they got back. So as you can see, there wasn't much time to write here. And even when I could've fitted it in, the tiredness just overwhelmed me.

Anyway, Saturday morning makes me a feel a lot better since the daily deadlines that I had to work towards were extended till Monday. So here I am, with all the work already done. (Only a couple of minor changes to make.)

Had a mini-breakthrough with my favourite job yesterday.

I spoke with the woman who's going back into my position and she said she would love it if I stayed after my contract, doing the graphic design work. She even said she wouldn't mind doing something else if I wanted to do the design part of her role. It felt so good to hear her say that she liked having me there.

Then I talked with the Director and told her my idea of doing all the design work internally, rather than outsourcing from different agencies and freelancers. She said she thought it was a great idea. She also said that she was very happy with the work I've done and would try to find a way for me stay by hopefully creating a new position. It all depends on the budget.

Then, the first woman told me that she also spoke to the Director to tell her it would be great for me to stay and that the Director told her she completely supported having this new position.

So fingers (double and triple) crossed , I can stay at my temp job after all.

Must try not to get my hopes up though, just in case it doesn't work out. However, as we all know, someone giving me even a glimmer of hope is enough for my mind to get carried away.

How I want this...

No comments: