Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Other Side of David

I'm very bad.

I didn't do all the work I was supposed to yesterday. And today, I still haven't started to do anything. I will regret it. I know it.

Last night was great and not so great. I've discovered something new about David. When he's sick, he's going to be in a cranky mood so it's no use taking anything he says to heart.

We went to his step-dad's dinner. David drove to my house so we could catch the train together. He was pretty sick with a very hoarse voice.

I was annoyed that he came late because he specifically told me to be on time so we wouldn't miss the train. As soon as I got in the car, he was already grumpy. I asked him what was wrong. He said he wasn't feeling well and he couldn't find his car radio which was why he was late. He was like, "It wasn't my fault!" Well, it must've been the radio's fault then for being under the car seat!

When we got to the station, he ran to get the ticket but he took long enough for us to miss our train. As he came on the platform, he asked if I had 40 cents because he didn't have enough cash for the ticket. That annoyed me because he never carries cash with him which I find pretty stupid. I told him he should have some with him at all times and he said, "Why should I?!" I didn't add, "For situations like these".

In the train, we didn't talk for 15 minutes. I was thinking and thinking how he shouldn't be mad at me. I didn't do anything. Then I thought, who cares who's fault it is, I'll try to make up. As soon as I got his attention, he completely dissolved and hugged me. Don't think he likes being frustrated with each other either.

So we were fine until we got the restaurant where we were supposed to meet his family and Rita's family.

We waited for 30 minutes. He was very agitated so I tried to distract him by having a conversation. But he wasn't even paying attention. Kept constantly looking out the window and at the door. I told him not to worry. Not like he was by himself. He said how annoyed he was that they weren't on time because he was really hungry and getting a headache. They were the ones late and he was taking it out on me. I didn't like that.

I stopped talking because I was tired of being friendly when he didn't care.

When everyone finally arrived, Sophie (Rita's 5 year old daughter) wouldn't leave me alone. Don't get me wrong, I love that kid but I wanted to have a conversation with the adults.

Her Dad is sooo below my level. He kept talking about guys who he thought were gay because they were too soft or too nice or not manly enough. He kept saying 'fags' which really annoyed me. Then he even said, "I'm as manly as they come. There is no softness here anywhere." That made me only feel sorry for him because he was so insecure about his sexuality. He also said how drunk everyone got last weekend ("lying around like whales") and we should've stayed longer. I was happy we didn't. (And there was no need to offend whales.)

I can't stand people like him.

On the way back, David was still cranky so I decided to make conversation but whatever I said he would just reply with an opposite remark. When we got on the train, David sat on a different seat to where I was about to sit. So I proceeded to sit on the seat I first planned on while he sat a few seats away. I was furious that he didn't want to sit with me.

I kept overexaggerating my angry face expression in the hope that he would see how upset I was. He didn't because he was asleep.

The train decided to terminate a few stations before ours. We got out and stood far enough for others to think we were strangers. While we were waiting, some guy next to me said, "Don't worry, it's warm on the train. You look cold". Even a freaking stranger noticed how freezing I was. While my boyfriend didn't even notice the guy saying anything to me.

On the next train, David sat on a seat behind me. Ok, so if on the previous train it could've looked like I was sitting away from him, on this one he sat away intentionally.

When we finally got to our station and got into his car, it wouldn't start. It was definitely because of the cold. So we called roadside assistance.

We sat in the car in silence but then started talking. He said he wanted to resolve the problem. I asked him why he didn't sit with me. He said it looked like I didn't want to sit with him. Then we talked some more. We argued, we got upset, we discussed, we made up. He said he wasn't usually like this and it was only because he was feeling sick. I said I knew now to leave him alone when he wasn't feeling well. He said he'd still like my company.

David said he was glad the car broke down so we could have that talk. I thought that was something that typically happened in romantic comedies. (Girl and boy fight. Girl and boy are stuck together in circumstances beyong their control forcing them to make up.)

When we got home, we didn't go to sleep until 4am. Woke up pretty late today. Hence, a whole weekend almost gone without me finishing any work.

No comments: