Saturday, September 04, 2004

Dad's Present

Dad's Present

Just finished my Dad's present for tomorrow's Father's Day. It took 2 1/2 hours to bake this cake that he said he really wanted (he even got me the recipe!). I pretended I wasn't going to do it, of course, but as soon as he and Mum left, I got started. And I'm never doing it again. It took forever. And it wasn't one of those that you can put in the oven for an hour and do something else. This one needed constant attention. He better like it! (But if not, I'll eat it 'cos it looks quite yummy, even though it didn't rise properly but my cakes never seem to.)

I remember last year I was really mad at my Dad (constantly) so didn't get him anything for Father's Day, but then my Mum got angry at me so I don't remember if I did end up giving him something or not.

This year is totally different. My Dad has been really great about everything and it was definitely worth the effort to make that cake.

No comments: