Monday, September 06, 2004

Treasured High School Moments

Treasured High School Moments

I can't believe I'm writing this but I miss high school.

I miss the lazy sunny spring day lunchtimes, sitting in our grassy school courtyard and talking and laughing and being silly. Looking forward to holidays and imagining what our future has in store for us.

And those end of term classes where the teacher doesn't care what we do and conspiring with April about our future movie careers and writing tacky film scripts and hypothesising our Academy Awards winning moment. And finding ridiculous things hilarious and trying to explain what we are laughing about to others.

Exchanging notes with Amelia while sitting right next to each other. Gossiping with Kelly about guys I don't know. Having meaningful conversations on the train with Allison, Jacqui, Kelly and some others.

Getting chatted up by immature guys from other schools and surfies and rolling our eyes at them to each other.

So many little moments that I've forgotten about that used to make me really happy.

I guess after I finish uni, I will also have lots of little memories that would make me miss it and fondly remember it.

No comments: