Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Other People and Life Mistakes

Other People and Life Mistakes

Had a nice day in the city with April, Claud and Christine. We went for lunch at a very quirky place because we are trying to taste every international cuisine there is. Next to us sat a group of young women who reminded me of the 'girls' from "Sex and the City". They were all tall, dressed very metropolitan and talked about their relationships (as April told me since I couldn't really hear them).

And there were four of us who looked like kids (and I sure felt like one too). Maybe it's because I know my friends since high school that I always feel like I'm a high school student whenever I'm around them. The only thing that really changed is that now we don't eat at McDonalds every time we go out. Other than that, we still act silly and talk about movies and organising our next get-togethers.

In front of me sat a middle-aged couple who I'm certain were having an affair. I could tell this by the way the woman stared dreamily at the muscled guy (with grey hair) who I'm sure looked gorgeous when he was younger. The way the woman kept flicking her fake blonde hair. The way the man couldn't keep his hands off her. The way they were trying to look like teenagers. It was plain gross.

After our lunch, April and I went to watch "Suddenly Thirty" which was VERY enjoyable. April and I couldn't control our laughter. Sadly, we could relate too much to the pain the 13 year old girl was experiencing. But I'd like to point out, that we NEVER went as far as she did. Just so you know.

The movie made us think if we could change anything in the past what it would be. April apparently wouldn't change anything. People say that they don't regret mistakes because of what they learn but I'd rather not make mistakes because I could've not been where I am today if I didn't make them. Like my Dad says, "It's better to learn from other people's mistakes" and I totally agree.

Although if anything was too different, I might've never met April and I don't know what I'd do without her. I always get the best stomach workout laughing with her.

No comments: