Thursday, September 09, 2004

"A Different Visual Experience"

"A Different Visual Experience"

Met up with April and Claudia after uni so we could go and see Missy Higgins for free at the uni bar.

Claudia got Allison a card for her birthday but I refused to sign it. I did decorate it though, because as usual I couldn’t keep away from drawing on everything.

When we got there, the bar was so full that we were only allowed into the courtyard to watch the singer from a screen. April kept commenting how wonderful it was to see the singer’s face framed by poles and hedges and how we wouldn’t have had that visual experience if we just watched her on TV. People around us thought April was serious and kept looking at us strangely.

When Allison came down to the courtyard and saw me, she acted surprised that I didn’t get her email and then started apologising. Hmm, why would you apologise if you didn’t feel you did anything wrong? She kept saying how we should meet up and do something. She sounded pretty genuine, but I don’t know. I was surprised that only about 8 people turned up for her 21st. I expected a lot more. Everyone went to another bar, except April and me. We hung around at uni until Missy Higgins came on (because it turned out to our surprise that the first singer wasn’t actually her with a new haircut). We didn’t really listen but talked about April’s uni adventures with new guys that she’s becoming friends with. That was more entertaining.

I really wanted to get to the actual bar ‘cause I knew Nadine was there with her friends and I really wanted to hang out with her but we weren’t allowed to.

No comments: