Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Good Boring Day

A Good Boring Day

This semester, I'm not having any exciting days like in previous ones. Here's what happened today:

  • Did a presentation which made my tutor laugh. That never happened before, but I was quite pleased.
  • Got my essay back and got a distinction - very unexpected since I haven't written a proper essay since high school. (My course is mostly project based.)
  • At the station, bought a return ticket to the city so that I could go and fix my plane ticket but it turned out the guy gave me a one way (even though I paid for a return). I got quite annoyed when the ticket gate swallowed my ticket.
  • Couldn't find the travel centre so went into a bank to ask. A cute guy was there who actually came out with me onto the street to look for house numbers. Obviously there weren't any, since I already looked before asking him. I asked him to ask other people who worked at the bank. One lady knew and told me.
  • Fixed my plane ticket after a debate about whether the lady could do it. Felt good about changing her mind, and saving $100.
  • Got on the train and listened to young high school boys talk about movies and girls. It was very entertaining.
  • Got off a station before mine and walked home. (I decided to lose weight for my end of the year formal and since there's not much I can change about my diet which is pretty healthy, I've decided to exercise more.)

No comments: