Saturday, September 04, 2004

Must Get Distracted

Must Get Distracted

When I started this blog, I told myself that I wouldn't write anything too personal or sentimental, because other people read this. But it's so easy to forget about everyone else because I don't have these people here when I write so it's tempting to get carried away and write everything that's on my mind. Which I have done quite a bit in the past.

By writing the last paragraph, I'm trying to restrain myself from writing something that in my fresher mind (i.e. not the one that I have at almost midnight) I wouldn't want other people to read. Even though it's all I want to talk about.

I'll try to distract myself and write about something else, like a hobby that has resurfaced again. Even since I saw what a paperdoll was, I started drawing and designing clothes for them. So since the age of about 7, I have now hundreds (if not more) clothes designs. And since the dream that I had a week ago about a very original design that I made up (and thankfully remembered when I woke up), fashion design ideas have been constanly springing up in my head.

If only I could actually sew them. My Mum was saying I should take a sewing class so I can learn to make patterns for the clothes that I designed. I'd like to but right now I don't have the money for anything (since it's all going for my trip to America).

I've been meaning to convert my designs into a digital form and make a digital paper doll, but never really got around to it. It's just so much easier drawing on paper.

Ok, that was about a minute of distraction from thinking about Max. I'm trying not to get my hopes up this time about anything but it's a bit hard. Knowing that he doesn't wish me to go away and leave him alone is a nice relief because I didn't expect that. I always expect the worst, which is usually good because things are not always as bad as I think they are.

When I was waiting for my uni entrance results, my Dad said, "Expect the worst, hope for the best". And that really stuck with me.

No comments: