Sunday, September 12, 2004

My Grandparents' Quirks

My Grandparents' Quirks

My grandparents crack me up.

When I went to visit them today, somehow we got talking about TV and my grandma asked, "What's with the ad that has a girl turning around and dropping her skirt?" Since my grandparents don't really understand English, I had to explain to them about the Miss Universe incident and that it was no ad.

My grandma then said, "She wasn't even wearing underwear" and my grandpa said that she was. My grandma then waved her hand and said, "Yes, she was wearing some stringy thing. Is that supposed to make people think that she's wearing underwear? Is it just a string at the front as well?".

I couldn't reply because my stomach was hurting from laughing so much. I tried to calm down by telling them that Australia won Miss Universe (because it turned out my grandparents didn't know) and my grandma said, "I didn't see her face but her butt wasn't bad".

No comments: