Monday, February 21, 2005

Catch-22

Catch-22

So I didn't get that job. I was more upset because of the feeling of rejection rather than not getting a job I wanted. I'm over it now. The feeling of relief has overpowered the feeling of rejection. I don't have to travel 2 hours there and back! I don't have to spend 10 - 12 hours in the tiny corner of that huge office with salespeople trying to outscream each other. I don't have to deal with the boss who kept calling me 'darling' way too many times. I didn't hear him call the other guys that.

So yeah, that means I'm back to unemployment.

I lowered my standards today and called up a few office administration jobs. Immediately got an interview from which I just got back. The guy asked me curiously why I would want to work there when I have a university degree. I wanted to yell, "Because it's not helping me get a job that I'm suited to" but of course I didn't. I changed the subject and told him how confident I was in doing data entry and answering phone calls. He was looking at me like what's wrong with this girl. He said he'd be in touch. Pftt, yeah right.

Also called up a place that offerred an administration traineeship. When the woman asked if I held any certificates and I said I had a uni degree, she said that disqualifies me from being accepted.

I'm finding this quite funny now. I can't get an easy job because I'm overqualified and I can't get a proper job because I'm not good enough.

No comments: