Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Working Forever

Working Forever

If I have to work every day the way I worked yesterday, I don't want to work at all.

The company for which I had a trial day yesterday is insane. Most of them work 12 hour days. The rest work 11 hours.

For the whole day, I can truthfully say that my mind did not have a single thought about anything other than the work I was doing. There was simply not enough time. And you know what an easily distracted person I usually am.

The 2 hour travel time there and back didn't make things easier. By the time I got home I was ready to fall down right at the door and not get up.

If I don't get the job, I will not get upset. I will feel very relieved not to have to work like that every single day.

Although this job would be such a leap for my career because I would be creating real ads all by myself and not helping some senior person (as I expected to be doing after graduating from uni).

If I got at least 3 years of experience doing that work, I would be able to apply to high positions that I would only expect to apply to after 30 and skip all the mid-weight design work (since I would be starting at that level in that job).

And maybe it wouldn't be as hectic as it was on my trial day since I really don't think I'd be expected to make 5 professional quality ads in one day. And I'd also be the only girl in my department and the department next to mine. I defintely wouldn't mind that.

Anyway, both sides have advantages and disadvantages. I'll just have to wait to see what my future has in store for me.

No comments: