Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Pressure Is Great For the Lazy

Pressure Is Great For the Lazy

Today I realised that I work best under pressure. A lot of pressure.

Yesterday, I got an email from a company that I applied for asking me to show them my work. The only good work I have are the logos that I've done so today I made a portfolio site so it could act as my web design work. I stuffed so many useless things in it, like my photos. Then, of course there always have to be problems with the code which takes ages to correct. After many problems, I managed to finish it and actually be happy with what I've done.

How many times did I postpone doing this? But give me a deadline and I get to it immediately.

Anyway, I've had a bit of a surprise today. April got into her post-grad course during the second round offers. I got so used to her being in the same position as me (relating to looking for full-time work) that I really had to get my mind around not being able to share this anymore. I hated that I felt sad for a moment about it.

She's so excited, which she should be. Why can't I be happier for her. Hopefully tomorrow when I see her, I can at least act excited because she deserves it. She worked really hard. I hate it when I feel so selfish.

It's weird remembering how only yesterday we were talking about how weird it would be never to go to uni again. Sigh.

Max messaged me today to see if I wanted to call him again ('cause he was at work alone). I sort of did but was really busy with finishing my site so didn't reply until almost 10 when I knew he would be leaving. I guess we'd have to talk another time.

Told Andy about everything that happened last week in regards to April and Max. Felt so good to have my brother on my side.

Watched "Desperate Housewives" on Monday which was absolutely great! Didn't expect it to be but it was. Now I have a show that I can really get into again.

No comments: