Friday, February 04, 2005

My Blog, Two Readers - A Love Story

My Blog, Two Readers - A Love Story

Two readers have been reading my blog for a while. They both comment regularly, sometimes agreeing about intelligent issues raised in my posts, sometimes disagreeing. I enjoy reading their conversations in my comments box. So do lots of other readers. Lots of times, they move away from the subject of my entries to other topics.

After a while, those two readers only read my blog to see what the other posted (because face it, I don't write about intelligent issues). So do the other readers. My blog becomes boring compared to their blooming relationship created in my comments box. Even I find it more interesting than anything I've ever written.

Everyone holds their breath as one asks the other for her email address so they can talk 'in private'. I get mail from readers who are desperate for the two love-birds to continue their relationship in my comments box. I do my best to make them but my best just isn't good enough.

The two readers are quite understanding and let me know how their relationship is going so that I can post about it in my blog. I get tons of readers anxiously waiting for my every new post. I like the attention so it works out for everyone.

One day, I post an announcement about their engagement. My email gets flooded with letters about it. Being a responsible person, I don't reveal any of the details. I get invited to their wedding (since they got together because of me in the first place - something I had to remind them of because if I can't have my own wedding, I'd like to go to other people's ones).

I hate the wedding because it's too perfect.

They live happily ever after. I don't.

The End.

It's late. My mind wanders.

No comments: