Friday, February 18, 2005

Unemployment Sucks

Unemployment Sucks

Since I'm writing here, I'm obviously not at Sam's party. He changed the place to somewhere too hard to get to. And no one interesting is going anyway. Sally and Sophia decided not to go when I said I wasn't. Never thought I had so much influence. Power feels good. Even if it's not used in the best way.

Last night I got to talk to the POBian girl from my POBian class. I haven't spoken to her since the first semester of last year. She's been modelling overseas and is now working at a bar while finishing her degree. Sounded quite glamourous, really. Hearing stories like that doesn't really help my self-esteem. I'm such a sad case right now, being unemployed and boyfriendless.

Was also chatting to Ellen who invited me to a dinner next week and after deliberating whether I should make up an excuse, I decided to be truthful and just say that I was short on money. She then kept insisting on paying for me. Here's a hint: making me feel like a charity case isn't helpful.

April didn't hold back saying that excuse was my blanket excuse for not wanting to go out. I decided not to take it to heart. Wanted to say that her blanket excuse was being sick but didn't want to sink to that level. It's not like I'm totally broke but I have to make priorities and if I was employed, I would've went just to be polite. However, since I don't have a job, I only spend my savings on what I want.

If I don't get the job on Monday, I'm going to apply for a government allowance. God, that's so sad but I don't think I have a choice. I guess I could look at it as when I do get a job, I'll pay the allowance back in my taxes.

Really don't like my place in life right now. But hey, things should get better, right?

No comments: