Friday, February 04, 2005

Goodbye Grandma

Goodbye Grandma

I just came back from the airport, saying goodbye to my grandma. I feel so sad now because it'll be at least another 3 years before I see her.

Before we left to the airport:

Grandma: Andy is coming to the airport to support me and you'll have to come to support your Mum. We'll probably start crying like last time.
me (jokingly): and who's going to support me?
Grandma: you don't need support. You're the strongest one.

I don't feel strong at all now. I know that in a week, I'll be back to normal but the first few days after she leaves are always hard 'cause it's like there's something missing. Something that I really got used to having around. And I loved how she always managed to calm my Mum's nerves and my Mum was generally more pleasant to be around. I loved how Grandma told off my Mum for her compulsive cleaning obsession and my Mum actually listened to her! She never listened to me when I got annoyed about it. My Grandma was a good influence on everyone here, even if she did get on my nerves sometimes when she got too inquiring about my life.

I miss her already. As soon as I get a job, I'm going to buy her a plane ticket to come here again. I'm even willing to sacrifice my next trip because it would make me happier to see my Mum and Grandma so happy.

I'm so lucky to have such a close-knit family. I just wish we all lived closer. Not oceans apart.

My Dad has been trying to cheer up my Mum but I don't think his joking around is making it better for her. Andy was also being really sweet. Got a message from Max and felt like calling him up to talk but it's defintely not a good idea to call him when I'm in an emotional state and might say things that I will later regret.

Just wish I had someone to make everything better. But for now, I'll have to make everything better by myself.

No comments: