Thursday, February 24, 2005

Job and Dancing

Job and Dancing

I got a student to tutor. I wish I had a proper job so I wouldn't have to do it. I called her today and she didn't sound very nice - like her parents were making her get a tutor and she wants nothing to do with it. I just can't wait. Was also thinking of turning it down 'cause it'll take me 20 minutes (at least) to get there and it's not really worth for an hour lesson. But I need money. I'm slowly running out of my savings.

Went to a latin dance class tonight with April. It was the best fun! And the guy-girl numbers were pretty even. There were a couple of guys who stank so bad, I couldn't wait for us to rotate partners. Some were a bit controlling - "No, I'm the one leading! You have to wait until I motion for you to turn!". I felt like saying, "Well, lead correctly then!" but I didn't. God, that guy was getting all the steps wrong. All the cute guys were there with their girlfriends. There were a few alone guys there but one was a bit too old (even though he was a hot South American) and the other guy ignored me when I was about to come up to him and ask if he wanted to dance (since we get some practice time at the end with whoever we want).

Too bad April can't come next week 'cause she has a long day on Thursday at uni. Might have to drag my brother. Although it didn't work very successfully today. Will have to use my usual strategy - "There are lots of girls your age" which isn't totally correct (since there was only one his age) but who pays attention to details.

The beginner class was SO easy, completely unlike the other beginner dance class that I went to (that leaves me puffing and sore for the next few days). I might only do a couple more of them and move to Intermediate. Something that would be impossible at the other class.

Anyway, all I need now is a job. (I finished my work experience website and they loved it, yay! They decided to reward me by giving me a variety of their products for free. I think they should give me money but they don't think the same. Pfft.)

Oh, and a boyfriend.

No comments: