Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Best Part of an Argument

Had an argument with David last night. He was being really narrow-minded. I told him that if he thought for a moment what he was saying, he'd realise he wasn't being fair. He said he didn't want to think about it. A couple of times he was about to leave but then I knew he wouldn't go without sorting it out.

I gave him a perspective on the situation involving myself and then it clicked for him. Not exactly sure which part of what I said made him see light but all of a sudden he was like, "I'm such an idiot. You're right. I'm sorry. That was so stupid of me. I can't believe I was saying that." I just knew that he'd change his mind. Smart people usually come to smart conclusions.

He said he just got upset because he got over-protective (i.e. jealous). Reminded me that he wasn't just my friend, but a boyfriend and he really didn't want to hear how upset I was when I didn't keep in touch with BG. Then he was like, "I guess I should thank him though 'cause I wouldn't have met you if you didn't go to that bus stop in the hope of seeing him. They're [the two BGs] idiots anyway for not getting your number."

Since we were on the topic of jealousy, I said I got a bit like that about his ex's, which I knew was stupid. After I said that, he exclaimed, "They're nothing to me! You don't even know how important you are!"

If I was looking at our relationships from the outside, I'd probably think, "They deserve each other" because we both get insecure about the same things and still worry what the other one thinks, when we're both totally into each other. It's s ridculous.

I said, "It was about time for an argument anyway" and he replied, "I was just waiting for the reconcilliation part".

No comments: