Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Trip With David

Last night David and I planned our trip at the beginning of December. I didn't realise then but later I got thinking that what if we're not together then anymore? Imagine paying for the tickets and accommodation and then not going. What a waste. I told Andy that if it happens, could he pay David and come with me instead and he said, "So I'm your back-up now?" and I said, "Yes, wanna go?" Of course he did.

My Mum said to me, "Do you realise it's serious?" and started asking me about our sleep arrangements like it's any of her business. I lied and said we're getting two beds. Telling the truth wouldn't achieve anything anyway, except tons of probing questions and lectures on sex and relationships. I understand she worries but sometimes (most of the time, actually) she forgets I'm 21 and an adult.

And besides, sharing a bed doesn't equal to sex. Some of you may think that's naive but David knows how I feel about that. There are plenty of other satisfying ways to be intimate. (I wasn't even aware of some of them when I was single.) But I can't explain all this to my mother. Therefore, a little white lie is much easier for all concerned.

Searching for accommodation and flights made us both realise that we would never be able to do uni assignments (or any sort of work) together because we'd keep getting distracted. I was trying to concentrate so we could finish but he kept bugging me and finding my attempts to ignore him amusing and only encouraged him to get more reactions out of me.

By the time we figured out where to stay and which flight to get, it was so late he was too tired to drive home so he stayed over. It's good that we have plenty of room. My parents didn't even realise he was here. Especially since he left at 6am. I was worried that his extremely loud engine would wake up everyone but luckily it didn't.

I can't wait till our little adventure. Three days and three nights of just us exploring a new city and all the privacy in the world. The idea of a trip is enough to get excited about but add David and you can't get better than that.

No comments: