Saturday, September 10, 2005

Unemployed Again

Yesterday was my last day of my most recent temp job. They said they ran out of money to keep me there any longer. Considering I wasn't doing anything, I can understand that. My supervisor said that of course she'd be my referee and even asked me if I wanted her to say that I did graphic design there. It makes it so much easier to know your referee will say good things about you if needed. With the other ones, I was never certain. Sure they said it's fine with them but they never hinted at what kind of things they'd say about me. At least this one will definitely make me sound good.

I called my agent to ask for a new temp position but she was busy and said she'd call me later. Great. I'm unemployed again. I just want a full-time job.

Although for some reason, the warm weather makes me less depressed (well, not depressed but you know what I mean) about my lack of permanent employment. Having a boyfriend helps too.

A Boyfriend for a Weekend

I realised something lately. I have been spending every weekend with David. So if I didn't have him, what would I be doing then? What did I do before him on Saturdays? I know some of them I stayed home but the others I actually organised to meet up with friends, something I haven't been doing so much now. It's just when I think what I'd rather do: go out with friends or meet with David, the decision is very simple.

David said that Ryan (his friend) was upset at him because he was too busy with me. I told David that he was free to go out with Ryan if he wanted and that I wouldn't mind at all. His response was, "But I'd rather hang out with you!" Well, fine then. I did my 'understanding girlfriend' thing so nothing else for me to do.

It's weird to think I've had a boyfriend for over three months now! Time flies by so fast. Sometimes it feels like only yesterday when I thought I'd never experience a relationship in my life and would die a single and lonely woman. (Well, the last bit could still happen.) To think I haven't been at uni for a year now! I'm finally starting to feel like an adult. And you know what? It's not so bad.

No comments: