Sunday, September 04, 2005

But I Do Love You

Ok, scratch the last entry. I had the most enjoyable time with David last night. If only it was like that every time.

I was a his house and we just 'chilled'. (Sorry, I can't write that word without the quotation marks in that context as part of a casual sentence.) It would've been a great time to plan our trip (the one I was supposed to go on with Sally but didn't work out) but I totally forgot about it.

We were standing in the corner of his balcony, just under the edge of the roof and it was raining inches away from us. We could see his street from up there. And this might not be anything special but I found the whole scene so romantic. Who needs flowers and all the other typical romance stuff when you can have moments like this?

Later, when it got too cold and we went inside, his sister burst in the room. As soon as she saw me sitting on his bed and David lying down, her hands flew up to cover her eyes and cried, "Oh my God! I'm sorry!" and slammed the door. I tried to tell her we weren't doing anything, just talking but she wouldn't listen.

I told David to make sure to tell her we weren't doing what she thought we were. Not 100% sure how she could've thought we were doing anything other than talking. Ok, so he was lying on his bed, but so what? I was just sitting down. David didn't seem to be bothered by this incident at all. I said, "She'll probably go and tell your Mum what she 'thought' we were doing! She might ask you!" and he was really laid back about it and said, "If she asks, I'd tell her it's none of her business". I was like, "No no no! You have to tell her we weren't doing anything, otherwise she'll assume!" and he said, "Like she isn't assuming already!"

Ok, so I realise it could've been much more embarrassing but does it really make a difference what we were actually doing when his sister thought we were doing something inappropriate?

I don't know how he can be so relaxed about this. Next time I'll make sure we're standing in the opposite corners of the room so all assumptions can be held in check. (Somehow I don't see David agreeing to this, but I can always try.)

He told me his Mum gave him some condoms and said, "Just be careful" which dissolved me into a fit of giggles 'cause imagining that scenario was just too funny. If only she realised the irony of it.

Then I saw this on his shelf:

He said he found it at uni and that I could have it. I was like, "No thanks" 'cause I really didn't want any more tacky rubbish (especially God knows where it's been) but he kept insisting, "It says how I feel"...........WHAT?!

"But you don't love me!"

"Yeah I do," he murmured.

"No you don't!" (I realise now this could've been just 'a bit' offensive).

Then he said, "You know, I do love you" and I was like "But what do you mean by 'love'? Like you 'love' seafood?". He just looked at me like I was a complete alien, laughed and said, "No, not like seafood". I said, "You probably mean like you adore me" and he said, "No, I don't adore you". Well then! I wouldn't mind being adored but maybe he thought 'adore' was stronger than 'love'. I was going to ask him but then thought better of it and kept my mouth shut.

Still not sure what he meant because how can you love someone (the proper serious way) but not adore them? Maybe he loves me as a friend. In that case, I love him too.

No comments: