Friday, September 30, 2005

A Stupid Old Man and a Smart Woman

A Stupid Old Man and a Smart Woman

Today Andy and I went to my grandparents' house to wish my grandma a happy birthday. She insisted on giving me some old dresses she had that she's never worn. I will never know why she even bothered bringing them here from POB. I was thinking of cutting them up and making something else out of them. I have lots of design ideas but have no idea how to make the patterns.

My grandparents were telling us yet another story about one man (they know) who keeps calling them about his problems. My grandpa said, "I'm always being understanding with him but he doesn't want to talk to me. Your grandma yells at him and tells him what a stupid old man he is and he calls her a smart woman".

My grandma said, "I told him, 'You are just interested in money and sex!'" I almost fell over. Hearing elderly people talk about sex is like seeing teachers have lives outside school. You know it happens but pretend that it doesn't.

No comments: