Thursday, September 22, 2005

Direct Call

I'm so sure that emailing off my resume is completely useless because the only way I ever (not counting a couple of exceptions) got an interview was when I called directly. Like today. Not sure if I'm going to get the job but I'm hopeful because the position is almost exactly the same as what I did at the beginning of the year. Only permanent. After our conversation I sent him my resume and some work I did. I was worried that he wasn't going to like my samples because I never had anyone judge them before. He called a couple of hours later to arrange an interview. He told me I sounded 'interesting'. He also asked how old I was (not sure if that's too professional). I really didn't think I sounded young anymore. I thought my voice matured this year but guess not.

Even though the location isn't the most convenient, they're moving in a month to a much better one. The actual company's clients are far from exciting but at the moment I would be happy with any graphic/web design work.

Anyway, I shouldn't speak of it as if I have it, but for some reason I have a good feeling about it. Not that my feelings are ever correct but like I always say, an interview is better than nothing. Hopefully the quantity will soon turn into quality.

No comments: