Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sometimes So Right

David's and my 4 months anniversary was the best yet. Lots of laughter, lots of ego-boosting compliments, some dancing, lots of energy. Apparently I'm the best thing that ever happened to him. Yes, me!

He apologised again for what he said on Saturday and said that he wasn't being himself and he really doesn't feel what he said. I was so over that but it was sweet of him to apogogise, for the second time.

He said I was the right girl he's been waiting to have a serious relationship with. For all my talk about my RG, he called me his! We were also discussing how we were willing to change to meet each other in the middle, as we've been doing. It's always easier if both people make a small step towards each other, rather than just one person trying to accommodate the other. Both people have to be willing to try. And I'm so lucky David is more than willing. It makes trying to make things work worth it.

When I was saying how interesting it was that our birthdays and anniversary were very close numbers (24, 25, 27) and he said, "26 is missing". I said, "We'll have to have something on that date" and he replied, "Well, wait a couple of years and we'll have that one covered too". After my heart returned to its job, I said, "What do you mean?" and he laughed and said, "You'll see". I laughed nervously. Why does the only thing that comes to mind is a wedding?

Does he already know he wants to be with me forever? Is it just insignificant talk?

No comments: