Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Perfect Ex-File

- unattractive
- no sense of humour
- boring
- alcoholic
- smoker
- bad job
- preferably uneducated
- unstable
- not too intelligent
- current boyfriend doesn't want anything to do with her
- totally different from you so boyfriend can't compare, but if he does, you're totally on a different level (waaaaaaay above hers)

Did I forget anything else?

We got talking about his ex's which didn't help that jealousy monster that started growing inside of me since I saw the photo of his beautiful one. It's weird - I don't want us to not talk about it but I feel horrible when we do. It makes me feel like I'm just another one he's going to talk about in the future to his future girlfriend. He's so outgoing and social and brave that it's simple for him to find someone. Unlike me here for whom it's impossible to find anyone.

Will need to learn to deal with my insecurities before David notices them and I become one of those annoying girlfriends who are too clingy.

Anyway, did I mention David started to learn POBian? He made me write out the alphabet and some phrases. I told him it would take him years to learn it and he was like, "I just want to be able to speak to your parents". I reminded him that my Mum and Dad speak English fluently but he said it's not the same. Should I take this as a sign that he's looking at our relationship long-term? Fortunately Spanish is so much easier to learn since I've learnt French at school and it has a lot of similar words.

When I was talking to him on Monday night, he actually said good night to me in POBian, which totally surprised me 'cause I didn't expect him to say it.

Can't wait to speak to him today.

No comments: