Friday, September 23, 2005

Job Competition and Wonderful Boyfriend

I'm not feeling so hopeful about my job interview anymore. The guy told me that he received literally a hundred applications. Can't believe so many people are looking for jobs in my field. How am I supposed to compete with such a large number? He said half of them weren't even qualified and they just wasted his time. I didn't mention that I also send my resume to positions for which I'm not totally qualified for.

The actual job is pretty bad. It's not very creative at all. Just boring back-end work. But I would be happy with anything at the moment.

I have such a sore throat now. I think I'm getting sick again. It's so annoying 'cause I have to go out with David and his friends tonight but it hurts to talk and I feel drowsy. Can't cancel though because he's going to be too disappointed. Anyway, I'm not that bad now. It'll probably be worse tomorrow.

David surprised me yesterday when he sent me an email with a POBian phrase that I haven't taught him. I'm so impressed with his effort to learn POBian, when it's really not that necessary. I just kept reading his email over and over with a huge smile on my face. He was so appreciative when I told him not to stress about his uni work and do what he can. Told me he felt much better knowing I was by his side. I wonder how long it will be till he starts taking me for granted.

"Hello wonderful girl" - David, in POBian.

No comments: