Thursday, January 06, 2005

Day 12

Day 12: Laundry Excitement

Decided to skip the day excursion today and do the laundry instead. Never been so excited about it! I was also quite excited about washing my hair.

When we went to our tour included breakfast at 10, we were told that the breakfast for our tour group finished at 9. Annoyed, I put on my most innocent face and told her that our tour guide told us it was till 11 (which he did). After the waitress stood there not knowing what to do, her manager came and I made it clear to her that we shouldn't suffer for our tour guide's mistake. So they brought us cereal, fruit and toast. I thanked them and made them feel like they were great people so they were almost jumping around us while we were eating. I love it how making people feel good is the best persuasive mechanism.

After breakfast, I found some stationery in our room so wrote April a long letter. Then we went to do laundry. Since there was no washing powder, had to wash our clothes in just water. Oh, the lifestyle of a traveller!

9:39pm

We had dinner at Tim's room. His roommates decided to have a pizza party for our whole group and didn't ask if Tim minded. He minded, a lot (as would any normal person). We could barely move inside the room, it was so packed.

Lauren and I were squashed near the door and Tim was on the other side but after about 10 minutes, he made his way to our side (which was quite a challenge). We tried talking but it was almost impossible so Lauren and I decided to leave. Tim was like, "Oh, don't leave me here by myself!" so I invited him to come back to our room.

We sat around and watched TV. Apparently he loves those angsty teenage dramas that are so popular here. He said he liked it because of the hot girls but I know it's because of those horrible corny storylines ;) The woman in our room left all her underwear hanging on everything so we talked about that. Tim said, "She's not even pretty" which made me wonder if that's what he thought of me. Not like he's gorgeous.

When he said that when you're in a medical career, you learn to read people well. I wondered if he could read me.

No comments: