Thursday, January 13, 2005

In Search of a Job

It feels so weird not to have uni to look forward to anymore. It's like I don't have much of a purpose to my days anymore.

The job hunting hasn't been very successful. I'm even applying for jobs I know I have no chance in since I've got nothing to lose. I'm thinking of doing a short course to learn all the programs that lots of companies want me to be proficient in.

The guy for whom I've done the logo and website layouts isn't getting back to me and he was supposed to be back from his holidays last week. If he doesn't like what I've done, he could at least let me know.

Since there's so much more to write about my trip, I will just write a compressed version:

San Francisco

Fell in love with San Francisco at first sight. Stopped at Pier 39 which was supposed to be a tourist trap but it was a beatiful tourist trap. Every store felt cosy and old-fashioned. If you go there, you must try the clam chowder which is a potato tasting thick soup in a bowl made out of sourdough bread. Absolutely delicious! I loved being able to eat the plate!

Stayed in some hotel in a shady part of town. Wanted to go out somewhere with Lauren but she didn't feel like it. Wished Tim would come and hang out with us but I have no idea where he is.

Getting Sick

Went on a city excursion. Tim came with us. We took a ferry to the bridge and I dragged Lauren to the top (even though it was freezing) because I didn't want to miss the views from the bay. Tim was shaking so much 'cause he didn't bring a jacket so I asked him if he wanted to go inside. He said yeah but when he realised that I wasn't going in with him, he stayed.

He was saying how he didn't want to go on the (optional) tour outings anymore and he canceled one of them, even though yesterday he was asking why we weren't going. I think he just wants to hang out with us which makes me feel great.

As soon as we got off the ferry, I started to feel really sick. All I could think of was finding the nearest bathroom 'cause my stomach was twisting. I was so annoyed that I was wasting such good time to chat with Tim.

After our excursion, Tim was supposed to go his way but he 'missed' his stop and came with us. We went to have lunch at some fast food place. First thing I did was run to the bathroom for the 100th time today.

When I got back, Tim asked how I was feeling. Lauren must've mentioned my stomachache. After lunch, Tim took me to the nearest pharmacy and found some tablets for me. When I read what they were for, I was so embarrassed that he realised what sort of stomachache I had. He compared all the different ones for me which was really nice of him. He, then, acted like such a nurse and told me to drink lots of water and how I should take the medicine. It was really sweet. He so reminded me of the nurse I had when I had my gall bladder operation.

Feeling Better

First thing Tim asked me today was if I was feeling better and if the tablets helped. I said that they did and he looked pleased and said, "I told you!" He then went on to insult Kara's Flowers by saying it was "girly shit".

At dinner, I was sitting with Lauren and Tim. I noticed that for once I wasn't in the large group of girls. For a moment I felt left-out that I wasn't a part of the all-girls group because I'm so used to being in one. But that moment quickly passed.

After dinner, we were all supposed to go out but Lauren said she was sick and didn't want to. I was fine with going with Tim until he mentioned the very expensive taxi fare back which put me off going. When I said, that I didn't want to go then, he got all grumpy and wouldn't say anything except some annoying comments. He kept saying how he didn't want to go by himself which was dumb because he had his sister who he could've asked to come. You can't just rely on people you don't even know.

After a while, he offerred to pay my taxi fare just so I'd go. I asked him if he was sure 'cause it was expensive and he said he was. I felt kinda guilty but hey, he offerred! (I ended up paying my share anyway.)

When we were standing in line to get in, the self-conscious Scottish guy from before started talking to me. Tim just ignored us. I think he was annoyed that he offerred to pay for me. The Scottish guy kept talking to me all through the night. He had no sense of humour. Every time I would say something not-seriously or sarcastically, he would take it to heart. For example, when I sank a few balls on the pool table in a row after numerous misses, and I said that it was just random, he told me not to be so modest and that I was really very good and not to put myself down. I was just being light-hearted but he gave me a whole talk on how good I was (forgetting how many times I missed). Tim also stopped ignoring me so I knew he wasn't mad anymore.

When my winning streak stopped and the guys asked me what happened, I said I was doing it on purpose to let them get ahead and while Tim was like "Woo!", the Scottish guy was really taken aback and said, "Oh my, you're so unlady-like!" I had to force myself not to laugh. What century was this guy from?!

After The Tour

I was quite sad about the tour ending but what I didn't expect was for Tim to still hang out with us. He and his sister were staying near us so for the next few days (until their departure), Tim followed us like on a leash, even to places I knew he didn't really want to go.

During these days I found a lot more about him that I wish wasn't true. Like how naive he was about talking to random strangers who came up to ask for money. How much he manipulated his parents to give him money. How he had a whole 'hero' complex where he loves it when he's able to help someone who's not feeling their best and becomes all soft and caring, but if he's not needed to take care of anyone, he can get really grumpy. It'd be nice if he could be just as sweet when people didn't need any help.

My Perfect Career

We saw a TV show being made. I was in wonderland. Watching the whole process only confirmed that being a part of the crew would be my dream job. If only I actually wanted to live in America. I'd never move there by myself, only if I was married, and only for a little while. I always feel that Australia is the best place on Earth to live in.

Ok, I'm starting to realise that even my compressed version is turning out to be quite long so I'll stop here for now.

No comments: