Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Not Like The Others

Not Like The Others

Max: I'll email you tomorrow

After checking my email yesterday (the tomorrow of the phone conversation) and not finding anything from him, I started to feel embarrassed that there I was thinking this guy is better than the others when he's just like all the others who say they'll do something but then don't.

Then at 9:30pm, I get a message from him saying that he hasn't emailed yet but he will before the night is out. So I got all happy that he's considerate enough to let me know. Then I thought, he probably won't email anyway. But today I checked my email and there was an email from him, just like he said. So I have no reason to be embarrassed about liking someone who's like the majority of the others. (And I don't mean just guys. Nadine always says she'll call on a specific day but never does. It's not a big deal if they don't call, but why say they will?)

Yesterday my grandma was inquiring about my guy situation, again. So I told her about Andrew and the bus guy and my wonderful luck in all those situations. But the funny thing about grandparents (especially this grandma) is that they get totally baffled how anyone might not like their granddaughter. It's like they don't see any of your bad characteristics. They only see the good. Gotta love grandparents.

Since my grandma from POB has been here, I've been going for night walks with her and last night, some car full of teenage guys started whistling as they drove past and I muttered, "Idiots" and my grandma laughed and asked, "Is that how you deal with all guys?" and I said yes.

I don't know how my grandma does it but she gets out so much more information about my personal life than my parents. I end up telling her much more than I plan. But haven't told her about Max. Max is my secret and will probably stay that way. (Well, apart from Andy who's allowed to know.)

If Max had a uni education and an intelligent job and drank a bit less, I think he'd be perfect for me. Or as close to perfect as can be. I wouldn't even care if I met him on the net. One of my brother's friends met some guy over the net and now says that he's her soulmate. If Max was my soulmate, that would make things a lot easier. I guess if you meet someone who's totally right for you, how you meet them isn't important.

No comments: