Sunday, January 23, 2005

Childhood Moments

Childhood Moments

I really have no life right now. Nothing exciting has happened for ages. Well, since my trip to America and nothing in my life can compare to that (other than 'the date').

So blabbing, here I come...

My brother is going on a week holiday with his friends tomorrow. Who am I going to bug now? I tried to make up for the next week by acting like a 5 year old today. Andy was also acting that age so it was ok. We couldn't stop being silly and chase each other around the house (I told you we behaved like 5 year olds).

My parents and grandma were looking at us like we were insane. There's nothing like being silly with my brother to make me feel like the happiest kid on Earth. When I'm being stupid with Andy, I feel like I'm transported back to that nice comfortable world that I was in when I was a child. A world where there's no thought of the future, no responsibilities, no stress or anxiety. Nothing but blissful childhood abandon. I love that world.

Since my grandma is staying with us now, I always get reminded of what I was like when I was little. Apparently I was called "100 minds" by other people because I would say really adult things. And would ask a lot of questions. Well, I still do that. Anyway, it made me remember my childhood and how comfortable it was. All the fun times I had. (Of course, it wasn't as perfect as I like to remember it but I have no memory for bad things. Like, I remember the bad stuff but I just ignore it.)

Here are some moments that are very clear in my mind:

Staying in the country house during summer with my grandparents (the ones that live here now). This house was near a forrest where we used to go and pick lots of fresh berries. One time I found a huge bush full of the juiciest raspberries (a bit off the path which is why no one else saw it). There were so many we had to go back to get another jar.

There was also a river near by that we could get to either by crossing a field which had grass growing up to my waist or walk around it (which would take a lot longer). Sometimes we'd ride our bikes there. We'd spend most of the day splashing in the river and playing cards while drying off.

I also remember talking to the neighbouring boy through the fence every day. How when I would get bored, I'd look through the fence to see if he was there. And I remember one time he was showing me some huge stick that he found and I didn't like sticks so I asked to look at it. He gave it to me through the fence and I sank it in the water tank that was standing near the fence. He didn't talk to me after that. It's funny remembering it now but I felt really horrible about it afterwards.

Also, the times I'd get taken to see plays and musicals because my Mum wanted to make me cultured. Although, in POB, it's not as expensive to see that stuff as it is here. And it was quite common to take kids to see a play rather than a movie.

I could probably go on for a lot longer remembering all those precious moments of my childhood but it's only making me more nostalgic.

Sometimes it's hard to reflect on how much my life changed since I moved to Australia. My life would've been completely different there. Probably worse (in financial terms) but better in social terms. When I was about 14, I used to wonder what it would be like to keep growing up with all my guy friends from there. I think my boyfriend situation would've been a lot better. But I guess it's easy to say now since I'll never know.

I really should snap out of this nostalgic mood soon because it's pulling me towards Max. Anyway, since my judgement lately hasn't been too good, maybe I'm judging him wrong and he's really much better than I think he is. I mean, I thought Andrew was great and I was wrong about that.

I have this list in my head against which I judge whether a guy is right or not for me and Andrew had everything on that list but he wasn't right for me. But Max here only has some things that are on the list but maybe he'd be good for me.

Well, I'm going to stop babbling now. Maybe I'll have something more specific to write about later.

No comments: