Friday, January 28, 2005

Temping

Temping

I had an interview today at a temp agency. Hey, I need money while I look for a proper job and tutoring hasn't started yet and won't be enough anyway.

Apparently my typing speed is excellent. Not surprisingly, considering how much I talk to April (and others) online. Chatting with people online is the best way to learn to type fast.

I've also had to do a test on how well I know Microsoft Word and even though I only ever use it to write stuff, I logically figured out how to do the other stuff they asked. The receptionist said that I got about 50% higher than most people.

Maybe I should just be a data entry person or a secretary. Great way to use my university degree!

When I told my interviewer that I'm doing work experience for free, she took it more personally than I expected. She told me that I shouldn't let companies exploit me like that just because I just finished uni. I wanted to tell her that I wouldn't if she got me a company that would pay me. It was kinda funny watching how it upset her.

It'd be kinda cool to work as a temp for a while though. I'll get to meet lots of people but not be there long enough to get in conflict with managers.

No comments: