Monday, January 10, 2005

Ripped Off

The tutoring agency that I'm in is totally ripping me off!

They called me to tell me that if I want to rejoin them, I have to pay $22 to cover 'insurance' if I break something in the student's house. I've been tutoring for 3 years now and I've never broken anything. I don't even remember when I ever broke anything in anyone's house.

I was going to tell them to stuff their $22 if I wasn't unemployed now. And if I don't pay, I can't tutor the girl who I promised last year I would because the mother said she didn't want anyone else. Also, I was told that Aidan's Mum wants me to tutor her younger son.

I wasn't even planning on tutoring anyone anymore because I need a full-time job but I can't say no to the mother of the girl who wasted half of her term fees because I left to America since I told her I'd continue next year. And I feel really touched that Aidan's mother wants me to tutor her other son so I don't want to say no. Especially since I have no guarantee that I will find a proper job anytime soon.

I guess I could risk not joining them and losing all my students in the hope that I will be fully employed soon but with the rate I'm going, I don't think it'll happen. So I need any money I can get.

And another thing that frustrates me is how the agency has to take the earnings from my first lesson, even though the students pay them fees. Why should I work for free?

And they have the nerve to get angry at me because I didn't answer my phone while I was in America, even though I called to let them know before I left. Ugh.

Now, I'm not sure what I should do because if I do find a job halfway through my tutoring term, I would've wasted more money than I would've earned. And I don't want to disappoint any kids (and parents) by not gracing them with my presence.

No comments: