Wednesday, March 09, 2005

6 Components of Happiness

6 Components of Happiness

I've been officially rejected from the jobs I had interviews last week. I wish I knew how to act differently at interviews to get accepted. I try to do the 'genuine, friendly, enthusiastic, confident' thing but either I'm not doing it properly or I need to do something different.

Maybe I'm just a unlikeable person, which is so easy to believe if you look at my job search and boyfriend situation.

When I was working this week, I hated to feel like everyone thought I was someone incompetent and uneducated and just average (or even below average). I need people to know that I'm smart and way above average. Before, I'd just have to say what school I went to and everyone would be impressed. Or say that I was studying a course that's hard to get into. But now, no one knows or cares. They just see me stapling and filing.

People treat you differently if they think you're smart. They immediately have more respect for you and listen more intensely to what you're saying. Now, I'm just so ordinary and boring. I hate that. And if I go along with the whole ordinary thing, then I should enjoy it for all it's worth and have a boyfriend.

Oh my God, I really should stop all this self-pity. I've been doing it enough this week. It's just life is really unfair to me right now. Of course, my logical and practical self would say, "You make your own life. Do something about it and stop complaining". But right now, I feel like I'm doing my best and it's just not good enough.

Things just have to get better. They have to.

6 things that have to run well in order to be happy:
- health
- love life
- family
- friends
- home
- career

My health could be better but it's managable.

My life life... well, no comment.

Family - something that's running well.

Friends - could be worse.

Home - perfect.

Career - you know.

No comments: