Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Another Family

Another Family

I went to tutor my new student and was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted by her grandma who was very friendly and straight away told me she had 2 grandsons, one finishing uni and the other finished. I wondered if she was like my grandma, looking to for a match for her grandchildren. When the girl actually came down, the grandma goes to her, "She's a pretty girl!" as if I wasn't there! Maybe she wanted me to hear or maybe it's just an old grandma thing to think no one can hear you. Either way, I was so flattered.

My student didn't turn out as bad as she sounded on the phone. We joked around the whole lesson. She didn't even notice she was doing Maths.

Her younger sister was so hilarious. When we finished, the older girl goes to her sister (who's about 12), "... 'cause you're annoying" and the sister goes, "But that's what makes me so cute!" I couldn't help but laugh and want a sister just like her.

Even though I think I don't want to tutor anymore, when I'm there I absolutely love it. It gives me a high knowing that the kids and their family like me. If I get a full-time job, I don't think I want stop tutoring in this family.

No comments: