Thursday, March 24, 2005

Playing Matchmaker

If my day was a cartoon, after lunch, you would see a lightbulb light up over my head.

At lunch the single 29 year old was saying how she doesn't know many people here and never has anything to do on the weekend. And this other woman said to me in front of her, "She needs a boyfriend!" in a joking manner but I could just feel the 29 year old's pain. For someone to say that so light-heartedly as if that was the easiest thing in the world to get is just mean. Of course, this woman didn't mean anything bad by it, but married people just don't understand the pain of being single (and 29). I can't even imagine what state I'm going to be when I reach that age.

So when I got back to my desk, something in my brain clicked.

Claudia has a 30 (approximately) year old brother. Last I remember, her brother lives at home and doesn't have much of a life. I think it's because he's shy but not totally sure. He seemed nice enough every time I saw him. And he is related to one of the sweetest people in the world, he cannot possibly be a complete loser.

The thought of setting them up got me so excited, I started getting carried away in my head by imagining being invited to their wedding and being thanked for making them the happiest people alive. It would give me so much pleasure to bring 2 lonely people together. I could be the fairy godmother. And it would definitely distract me from my singledom.

So now, I'm a girl on a mission. If it turns out Claud's brother found a girlfriend, I'm going to ask about his friends.

Can't wait to see what happens!

(And don't even think about what could go wrong, it's too much fun imagining what could go right.)

No comments: