Monday, March 14, 2005

Just Curious? Not So Familiar Dancing Fever

The woman from work who asked me whether I had a boyfriend last week, asked whether I minded if she did. Was it that obvious? Or does she read my blog and know who I am? Of course, I said I didn't. But then something flew into my eye and it started watering and she thought I started crying. God, how embarrassing.

So, since I said I didn't mind talking about that stuff, for the whole of lunch, we had a deep and meaningful conversation about marriage and what sort of guy I was looking for. It was exhausting. I was glad to go back to work. The only reason I was open was 'cause I hoped she might know someone for me. I need any help I can get.

She also told me she was married to a distant relative. That's just so gross but hey, if she's happy, that's great for her. Sometimes I wonder if people like her ask these questions because they're nosey or because they don't see the big deal in talking about such topics. Even though she's married, she kept saying how hot some guys were. It really confuses me how people in serious relationships can say such stuff. I guess it can be in an impersonal objective manner but she really didn't sound like that.

People like that fascinate me 'cause they're different to the majority. I love hearing different perspectives from people with different backgrounds.

Not So Familiar

After work, I saw that girl who came up to me last week, saying I looked familiar. I was so happy to see her since I really wanted to tell her where we met before. But after I did, she said, "I never worked there." Hmm..... Well, then I've definitely never seen her before in my life. She was so openly friendly though, I felt like I could talk to her like I knew her. She was really pretty too. Maybe I can introduce her to my brother. He'd like her. Although she is a year older than him, but he doesn't mind. Hopefully she doesn't either. Oh my God, they'd make such a cute couple.

I'm so getting ahead of myself. Her parents probably don'teven let her date, especially non-Indian guys.

Dancing Fever

Either lots of guys read my blog or my mind because there were twice as many guys today at my dancing class. And the actual class was so much better than the boring one last week. It was actually challenging. Even though I was kinda tired after work and felt like going home, after the dance class I was so hyped up. We got to do really cool moves today. And there were some South American looking guys who could actually dance. They were old, but hey, in dancing, age doesn't matter. Sure I'd prefer to dance with cute looking young guys but it's always fun dancing with someone who can.

Some lady tried to pick up my brother. It was so funny to watch.

Lady: You're really good!
[me: can you not see he's almost stepping on your feet?]
My partner: stop trying to pick him up!
Lady: shut up

Lady: How old are you?
[me: younger than you, that's for sure!]
Andy: 18
Lady: Oh. That's so cute!
[me: *eye roll*]

The class couldn't go without some sleaziness from desperate old guys. When we were warming up by trying to follow really advanced moves from the instructors, the guy instructor ran his hands down the girl's body. He was just doing it to tease the guys and no one was expected to repeat that with strangers. It was just for a laugh and for the couples. But the guy I was partnered with goes to me, "Do you mind if I do that?". What the f- do you think?! So after I said I did, he said, "What am I supposed to do then?!" Oh my God, what a freaking idiot. Then later, when the guy instructor picked up his partner, this idiot actually picked up his partner (who happened to be the lady I mentioned earlier complimenting Andy) and wouldn't put her back down. I was just happy I had a different partner then who said, "I have back problems" which made me laugh since no one was expected to pick anyone up.

I guess my dancing class will make up for some stories for my blog.

No comments: