Wednesday, March 23, 2005

What Attention To Detail?

When I told my manager that I had to leave early, she was SO nice about it. She asked me about what sort of job it was and wished me luck.

I still can't get used to working with such nice people. When at the interview, the woman asked me what I liked most about my current job, without thinking I blurted out, "The people". I don't think I should've said that. I also don't think I should've showed my desperation by asking her (after we finished) to please say good things about me to the employer. I was just at the point where I felt like if I just left, any chance of getting the job would've been gone. Not that the interview went bad, just that it was so standard and I didn't feel like I stood out. Although I'm pretty sure I made her remember me by adding my last plea. How stupid.

Another VERY stupid thing that embarrassed me SO much was when she pointed out that on my Resume I wrote that I worked at one place from 2005 to 2004. Fortunately, I didn't say that my best qualities included being attentive to details. Just thinking about how many resumes I sent out with that mistake is horrifying.

No comments: