Thursday, March 03, 2005

My Day Before Bed

My Day Before Bed

Yes, I should go to sleep, especially since I have a job interview tomorrow. But I just feel like I need to write about things that happen. I don't think I'm addicted to blogging. It's just a habit.

Today I went to Christine's 21st birthday party. It was at a restaurant and everyone had to pay for themselves a standard amount. The food was so not worth it. It was mainly people from Christine's fashion design course. Before we got there, I told April that Christine's course just has girls and gay guys. April told me not to stereotype. But I was right, at the party there were mostly girls and some gay guys from her course. Stereotyping isn't a made up notion. It's based on fact. Of course I'm not saying that every guy who studies fashion design is gay. Simply because I don't know every guy who studies it, but generally speaking it's true.

After the party, I started thinking that maybe I should organise a big party for my 21st, something I wanted to avoid altogether. (And don't tell me about turning 21 only once, every birthday happens only once.) I guess my main reason for not wanting to celebrate my birthday was 'cause I was scared people won't show up, since I skipped so many parties last year and some this year. Reason being, some were too hard to get to and last year I was obsessively saving money for my trip to America. Also, don't want the guys from uni thinking I have no other guy friends (which is true) since I went to an all girls school and never really joined any other groups. Maybe I could get Christine and Claudia to bring their boyfriends... That's if I can get out of Claud that she got one now. I really don't know why she's so secretive about him. What's the big deal?

Tonight, April, Valerie and I went to see a band at April's old uni. There were so many teenagers, I felt old. There was a cute guy standing next to Valerie but how was I able to talk to him without seeming like I was coming on to him? Every time I go to concerts, I always wish I stood out from the crowd. And that I could have the opportunity to meet a guy. Anyway, that's just wishful thinking.

The temp agency called me to offer me a job tomorrow but I have the interview so had to cancel. Damn. It always happens like that.

Now that I've written about my day here, I feel satisfied and can go to sleep.

No comments: