Thursday, March 03, 2005

Hottie and Shoelaces

Hottie and Shoelaces

Oh my God! I saw a bit of Lost and the doctor guy is Charlie from Party of Five!!! I used to absolutely love that show when I was about 12. I thought Claudia was a television version of myself and I lived vicariously through her 'cause I thought it would be great to have a big family. That's until she started getting boyfriends and I stopped relating to her.

The realisation of that doctor being Charlie came to me when I thought his voice sounded very familiar. I definitely didn't recognise his face with the short haircut. He's also now so muscular. Quite hot, really. Gosh, that high voice was so recognisable.

Since this was the first time I've seen the show, maybe it's just me who thought he was always crying. But he had a masculine way of crying. The 'trying to hold back all the deep pain but my eyes are watering 'cause the pain is too much' way.

Maybe when I was 12 I was too young to notice his attractiveness. I just wanted an older brother like him 'cause he was really caring. Oh, and Bailey (Scott Wolf) seemed like a cool sibling to have. Until he started going out with the 'I'm holier than thou' Jennifer Love Hewitt and became an alcoholic. She's just got that "I'm so pretty" look about her. She reminded me of a girl from my primary school who I didn't like. This girl used to not tie up her shoelaces because she said it was a cool thing to do. Unfortunately she never tripped and so never learnt her lesson.

This reminds me of when a girl from another year of primary school died of cancer and everyone was crying but I couldn't because I didn't know the girl (since I was new) and the tears wouldn't come. So I looked out the window so no one would think I was cold hearted. Then this 'can't tie my shoelaces' girl pointed at me to her friend and started laughing. God knows why. So the tears came easily then. So I turned back to face everyone else. There was no need to pretend I wasn't sad then.

It's weird the little moments that we keep in our memories for so long.

Anyway, I don't know how I managed to go from the hotness of Matthew Fox to my primary school days... It's like you're inside me head, reading my thoughts.

No comments: