Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Real Career Beginning

I knew it was going to be hard to match the atmosphere of my temp job but I still had some hope that at least it would be an office buidling, not a warehouse with 2 rooms (which they like to call offices).

I guess it was better than the office where I had my trial. But I really miss the kitchen and toilets of my last job. The microwave and fridge here were so disgusting. And the toilets felt like the ones you get in public parks.

Don't really know much about the people (other than the guy in charge of me) but they don't seem like ones that I'd be friends with. They don't even seem like ones I could have lunch with.

At least the actual job is ok. I get to design pictures for most of my day (one of them is already online). And I solved my boss's technical problems which made me feel really good. Like I was the computer expert. And it definitely made me feel like he wasn't going to fire me immediately; he needs my help.

I guess it's a good job for a career start. Even if it's not the career I've always dreamed of, it is one I spent 3 years at uni studying for. And the manager seems easy to work with, especially now that we've established I know more than him.

I was so tired when I got home. I wished I had RG to greet me. To make my train ride home go faster, I imagined what it'd be like to come home to be greeted by a guy who was totally in love with me. We'd have dinner together while talking about our day. Then we'd curl up on the couch and talk and laugh like we were the only ones in the world. Then we'd go to bed, totally content and it wouldn't be so hard to wake up the next morning, knowing that we have each other. Today, this guy looked like BG2 (that's what I've decided to call the guy I met on the bus on Saturday).

When I told April about him, she suggested to start my own BG club. The rules would have to be that I only meet the guy once on a bus and never talk to him again (or find out his name). I guess I could start a collection. And BG2 is easy to see as RG because I know nothing about him and can think whatever I like.

No comments: